Sunday, October 26, 2008

Nights in Rodanthe-Am I the only one who needs therapy?!?

Has anyone ever gone to a movie that they thought was going to be a great love story and then you were sadly mistaken?? Yesterday, Nancy and I decided to use my birthday as a great excuse for a "girls day", and we spent the day in Idaho Falls shopping. We broke for lunch midday, and then continued until 9:30 p.m. when we went to the theater and bought tickets to Nights in Rodanthe. We settled in our seats with our popcorn and chocolate, and got prepared to be swept away with a good love story. I wont give anything away, in case anyone is planning on seeing the movie, but I have to say that something TOTALLY unexpected happened 3/4 of the way through the movie. Seriously, if the theater hadn't of been empty when we got out, I would have demanded my money back!!! I wanted a good chick flick, feel good movie, and left feeling super duper sad. It must have been bad if I'm having to write about it theraputically. If anyone out there has seen the movie, let me know....I would love to hear what you thought of it! If anyone is planning on seeing it, take a box of tissues and plan on needing therapy afterwards.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Hey Mylanta! I haven't seen this movie, it sounds interesting! Gosh, I miss your "mylanta" expressions! Why does everybody move! I guess you know Brie moved to Utah!

I'm so glad to have your email address! I'm laughing at our goose chase! (I left you my email
address on my first comment to you) I was bummed when I didn't hear from you for awhile. So, I asked Stacy for your email address and I didn't have the right one, so that is why you never got your "invite".

Anyhow, it's great that you have a blog! I just started mine not to long ago!It's great that we can keep in touch!

You're blog is cute! I hope all is well! When you come to Yuma, lets get together!

You're AWESOME!

Mist said...

What a let down. I have never heard of that movie. Even though it was not what you were expecting would you recomend seeing it? I am so glad that you were able to have a WHOLE DAY out with a great friend. That is the best!! I really think of you everytime I look at my watch! You are the sweetest person. I adore Collin in my primary class. He seriously is so much fun and he gives great smiles!!! He helped me out Sunday by returning things to the library. You have such great kids. You are a great mom! You can really tell by what AWESOME children you have. I sure hope you have a great day!

GlemserFamily said...

Glad to know the movie is a bummer! I guess I won't see it in the theater.

How fun for you and Nancy. I'm trying to not be jealous!!!

cj savage said...

sorry i missed out on the birthday fun! : (
yah, i actually read the book and felt the same way, so didn't bother to even bother with the movie! hope the drive home from IF was better! miss you!

Sabra said...

I have not seen it because my mother in law warned me, and she gave away the twist. I won't bother. I'm sorry.

Jennie said...

HAHA! oh Meredith, I do miss you! I totally heard that it was kind of a let down, however, I didn't want to see it in the first place so....hopefully Twilight will be better!

Bethany said...

WHHATTT'S UP? I like your blog. You need to update it though :) Who am I to talk though.. I am like a once a monther... I will be better though. I think